EU to social media companies: Take down terror content in less than 1 hour or pay a fine
European Union regulators keep making headlines for their increased willingness to take big tech companies like Google to task over everything from perceived anti-competitive behavior to not moving fast enough to take down problematic content. It's a bright line separating the hard-line approach in Europe from the more hands-off, light touch that U.S. regulators bring to the table against those same companies.
BGR Top Deals:
- Before you buy a $500 Apple Watch, check out this $80 smartwatch with 30-day battery life
- You can get a 4K Fire TV for the price of a Fire TV Stick today
Trending Right Now:
- More evidence that ‘Avengers 4’ will resurrect the heroes who died in ‘Infinity War’
- Dark Sky is one of the most popular weather apps, and it just got a major overhaul
- Insider says the notchless all-screen phones of our dreams are coming next year
EU to social media companies: Take down terror content in less than 1 hour or pay a fine originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 23:34:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.