Elon Musk smokes weed on Joe Rogan’s podcast, two Tesla execs ‘mysteriously’ resign at the same time
The last 12 hours of the hit TV show How To Wreck A Car Company have taken yet another bizarre twist. On Thursday evening, Tesla CEO Elon Musk appeared for a two-hour interview on comedian Joe Rogan's podcast, which was broadcast live on YouTube. Among other things, Musk revealed that he has visions of a electrically-powered supersonic airplane that can takeoff and land vertically, and he smoked a spliff with Rogan. Marijuana is legal for recreational use in the state of California, although it's still illegal federally.
In a remarkable coincidence, Musk's appearance was followed almost immediately by news that two of Tesla's top execs are stepping down. Chief Accounting Officer Dave Morton gave his notice on Tuesday, a regulatory filing released today announced. Morton had only been on the job for a month, and joined Tesla from harddrive company Seagate. In a statement provided in the filing, Morton said “since I joined Tesla on August 6th, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations. As a result, this caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission, and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting.”
BGR Top Deals:
- This $12 accessory is the only reason I started using my AirPods again
- Today’s best deals: N79S robot vacuum, $10 wireless charger, Yi Dome Cam, $110 dash cam for $44, more
Trending Right Now:
- A crazy conspiracy theory makes the Pixel 3 XL sound exciting for the first time
- Why Apple’s iPhone Xs will be a smash hit while Samsung’s ‘S’ upgrades failed miserably
- The iPhone XS that Apple’s about to release might be more expensive than we thought
Elon Musk smokes weed on Joe Rogan’s podcast, two Tesla execs ‘mysteriously’ resign at the same time originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 10:19:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.