Elon Musk claims that a $25,000 Model 3 might be just three years away
As laid out in Elon Musk's first missive regarding Tesla's "Secret Master Plan," the company's longstanding goal has always been rather simple: release an affordable EV for the masses. Indeed, all the cars Tesla started out with -- from the original Roadster to the Model X -- were done to kickstart the EV revolution into high gear and help bankroll a mass market EV that would eventually become known as the Model 3.
Tesla's Model 3 certainly isn't the cheapest car around, but it does provide a solid bang for the buck in the $35,000 price range. Still, prospective buyers interested in picking up a Model 3 for just $35,000 still need to exercise some patience as Tesla, for the time being, is prioritizing buyers interested in purchasing souped up Model 3 units in the $50,000 rage. As to Tesla's reasoning, Musk earlier this year said that it all comes down to generating as much cash in the short-term as possible.
BGR Top Deals:
- Before you buy a $500 Apple Watch, check out this $80 smartwatch with 30-day battery life
- You can get a 4K Fire TV for the price of a Fire TV Stick today
Trending Right Now:
- More evidence that ‘Avengers 4’ will resurrect the heroes who died in ‘Infinity War’
- Dark Sky is one of the most popular weather apps, and it just got a major overhaul
- Insider says the notchless all-screen phones of our dreams are coming next year
Elon Musk claims that a $25,000 Model 3 might be just three years away originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 22:30:15 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.