At long last, it's starting to look as if Tesla is finally starting to ramp up production on the Model 3 in a meaningful way. Though the Model 3 is reportedly much easier to manufacture than the Model S and Model X that came before it, Tesla didn't come anywhere close to reaching its initial goal of manufacturing 20,000 Model 3 units per month by December of 2017. Indeed, Tesla during the third quarter of 2017 only managed to deliver 220 vehicles.
More recently, though, deliveries have ramped up significantly and we're now starting to see Model 3 units arrive at the doorsteps of folks with no affiliation to Tesla. As a quick refresher, the first Model 3 deliveries were earmarked for Tesla employees and early reservation holders with substantive connections to the company. That being the case, thorough Model 3 reviews have been few and far in between over the past few months.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
Trending Right Now:
- Forget the ‘boring’ Galaxy S9, there’s a cheaper alternative available right now
- Researchers just accidentally found an effective Alzheimer’s treatment while trying to cure diabetes
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
Early reviews of Tesla’s Model 3 are finally starting to roll in originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 2 Jan 2018 at 22:09:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.