If you've been wondering why we still haven't seen a thorough and enlightening Model 3 review, the simple answer is that the number of Model 3 vehicles out on the road is infinitesimal. The reason for this, not surprisingly, is that Tesla, as some astutely predicted months ago, has experienced some challenges with respect to Model 3 production. Despite Elon Musk confidently proclaiming that Tesla learned from previous production missteps with the Model S and the Model Y, Tesla during its recent third quarter still only managed to produce 260 units due to production bottlenecks. As it stands now, Tesla has only managed to deliver approximately 222 vehicles to reservation holders, most of whom happen to be Tesla employees.
With Tesla still trying to address production issues, the company had no choice but to completely push back its production schedule by a full quarter. Though it remains to be seen when Tesla will emerge from what Musk has categorized as "production hell", the company now maintains that it will be able manufacture "5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week by late Q1 2018."
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s single best-selling Black Friday deal is still available right now
- Surprise! Nest’s Learning Thermostat just dropped to an all-time low for Cyber Monday
Trending Right Now:
- Russians claim they’ve found the first extraterrestrial life, and it was right under our noses
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free today
- Incredibly creepy ‘ghost ship’ with 8 dead crew members just showed up in Japan
Early Model 3 review shows off the best and worst features on Tesla’s new EV originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 at 22:02:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.