Early HomePod review: Sound is superior to the Echo and Google Home, but Siri may be a liability
After a brief delay, Apple's HomePod smart speaker will finally hit store shelves on February 9. Sporting a $349 sticker price, the HomePod isn't exactly cheap when stacked up against rival products from the likes of Amazon and Google. Not to be deterred, Apple strategy with the HomePod, above all else, is to position it as a premium acoustic device. So while you won't be able to use the HomePod to order Dominos pizza -- as one can do with the Amazon Echo -- Apple is confident that the superior sound quality offered by the HomePod will compel buyers to pull the trigger.
BGR Top Deals:
- We’re not sure how, but Amazon’s insanely good Logitech Harmony deal is back in stock
- The best-selling over-ear Bluetooth headphones on Amazon dropped to $33
Trending Right Now:
- Hands-on video shows Samsung’s final Galaxy S9 design
- Netflix has 30 new original shows and movies premiering in February – here’s the full list
- Best Buy’s surprise 3-day sale is packed full of Apple gear, laptops, TVs, and more
Early HomePod review: Sound is superior to the Echo and Google Home, but Siri may be a liability originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 25 Jan 2018 at 16:16:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.