Double the download speeds on your Nintendo Switch with a $15 accessory
Now that Nintendo’s online Switch service is finally here, it’s more important than ever to ensure that your console has the fastest and most reliable internet connection. Regardless of how much you spend on your router, that will never be the case with a Wi-Fi network. You need to go with a wired connection if you want reliability and constant access to the fastest possible speeds, and the AmazonBasics USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter can as much as double your throughput. Don’t have an Ethernet port? Don’t worry, just pick up a powerline internet adapter kit on Amazon and you can turn any normal power outlet into an Ethernet port in about two seconds!
Here are the bullet points from the page on Amazon:
- Connects a USB 3.0 device (computer/tablet) to a router, modem, or network switch to deliver Gigabit Ethernet to your network connection
- Supported features include Wake-on-LAN function, Green Ethernet & IEEE 802.3az-2010 (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
- Supports IPv4/IPv6 pack Checksum Offload Engine (COE) to reduce Cental Processing Unit (CPU) loading
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7, and Chrome OS with latest system updates; does not support Windows RT or Android.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: SanDisk microSD cards, AirPods, Bose headphones, bed sheets, $13 wireless charger, more
- The best-selling Bluetooth earbuds with 7,600 5-star reviews are still down to $17
Trending Right Now:
- Russia thinks it knows why its trusty Soyuz rocket failed
- Here’s how to prevent a new PS4 message bug from bricking your console
- ‘Avengers 4’ actor basically confirms that Doctor Strange will return from the dead
Double the download speeds on your Nintendo Switch with a $15 accessory originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 15 Oct 2018 at 16:28:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.