Dodge leans into climate change with Challenger that drinks a tank of gas in 11 minutes
Over the last decade, electric vehicles have gone from the butt of a bad joke to some of the highest-performance production cars that money can buy. But the old guard isn't going to go out without a bang, or in the case of Fiat Chrysler's latest vehicle, an enormous gas bill.
The company unveiled a a new special edition of the classic Dodge Challenger this week, and it's the most American of American muscle cars. The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye comes with a supercharged Hemi Demon 6.2-liter V-8 that produces 797 horsepower, 707-pound-feet of torque, and a noise that sounds eerily like a Bruce Springsteen guitar solo.
BGR Top Deals:
- Take Alexa with you everywhere you go with this sleek smartwatch
- The best Fire TV and Fire TV accessory ever made is just $29 on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The most innovative new Samsung phone in years might have a serious challenger
- Google Maps is about to get Waze’s best feature
- One more Avenger who died in ‘Infinity War’ is getting a new standalone movie
Dodge leans into climate change with Challenger that drinks a tank of gas in 11 minutes originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 21:32:15 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.