A team of divers have successfully explored a tunnel linking two gargantuan underwater cave systems in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, unlocking what they believe is the largest underwater cave system in the world.
By discovering a tunnel that links Sac Actun, a 263-kilometer cave system near the beach resort of Tulum, with the 83km Dos Ojos system, researchers have proved the continuity of a 347-kilometer system, which would be the world's largest.
BGR Top Deals:
- Wireless earbuds that sound this much better than AirPods should cost way more than $24
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung just launched a brand new Galaxy Note 8 version that you absolutely can’t buy
- Videos show meteorite exploding in the night sky over Michigan
- Google’s viral art selfie app raises concerns of privacy and racism
Divers have found the biggest underwater cave in the world, and it could contain Mayan secrets originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 11:53:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.