It’s finally official, the move that will shake up the entire entertainment industry and give Netflix plenty of reasons to worry. Disney on Thursday announced that it’s ready to acquire 21st Century Fox in a deal worth $52.4 billion in a stock-only deal. What better time to announce the deal than on the eve of the next Star Wars premiere? The Last Jedi will kill at the box office in the coming weeks, and that Star Wars money will surely come in handy now.
BGR Top Deals:
- Every popular Fitbit is discounted on Amazon, including the new Fitbit Ionic smartwatch
- Now you can cut the cord without losing live TV or your DVR
Trending Right Now:
- Archaeologists discover a crude ancient weapon that could kill a man with a single blow
- After all this time, millions of Android phones are finally getting Google Assistant
- Ajit Pai just released an incredibly misleading video about the death of net neutrality
Disney will acquire Fox’s movie studios and TV business in a deal worth $52.4 billion originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 14 Dec 2017 at 08:04:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.