Disney is actually building two Netflix rivals – its own service, plus a much bigger Hulu
There have been a ton of headlines over the last day or so about Disney's new streaming service, which will launch next year and host everything from Star Wars and Marvel movies to spin-off TV series that features characters from those entertainment franchises and more. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger on a conference call earlier this week finally revealed the name of Disney's video streaming service -- Disney+, as well as the fact it will go live about a year from now.
This sets up 2019 to be a super interesting year as far as streaming content providers go, with Netflix perhaps finally having its hands full warding off its strongest competition yet once Disney's service is up and running.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Instant Pot Duo60, $16 Bluetooth earbuds, $20 fast wireless charger, Dyson, more
- Dyson’s $400 V7 cordless stick vacuum is $216 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Google just told us how to fix the worst thing about Androids and iPhones
- Russo brothers just trolled fans yet again over the ‘Avengers 4’ title
- Galaxy S10 won’t have the all-screen design you want, but it’ll get the best next thing
Disney is actually building two Netflix rivals – its own service, plus a much bigger Hulu originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 19:06:12 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.