DirecTV Now is set to become the biggest live-streaming TV service this year
While cord-cutting is doing an admirable job of decimating the profits of the major pay TV operators, AT&T is having some quiet success with its plan to fight back. DirecTV Now, AT&T's signature $40-a-month streaming service that has been around for nearly two years, is still adding subscribers like crazy. According to some estimates, DirecTV Now will overhaul Sling TV to be the country's biggest streaming service by the end of 2018.
The rate at which AT&T is adding subscribers -- 342,000 in the last quarter alone -- has its total sitting at 1.8 million, compared to Dish's 2.44 million. With AT&T adding more than three subscribers for every one subscriber that Dish adds, DirecTV Now is on track to overtake Dish by the end of 2018, Multichannel notes.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
- The best-selling Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon are on sale for $17 today
Trending Right Now:
- There’s an alternate ‘Infinity War’ ending that would have ruined ‘Avengers 4’
- Google Maps is almost perfect, so of course Google had to find a way to ruin it
- Galaxy Note 9: Deal prices from every major wireless carrier and Best Buy
DirecTV Now is set to become the biggest live-streaming TV service this year originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 23:34:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.