Did NASA’s Mars rover just find ancient Martian fossils?
If you're one of the many casual science observers hoping that mankind will one day discover evidence that life once thrived on Mars, 2017 was a very, very exciting year for you. From derelict alien ships to cannonballs, NASA spotted lots of weird things on the Martian surface last year. It seems 2018 is going to continue the trend, and the Curiosity rover is starting the year strong with the discovery of some incredibly strange "stick-like figures" laying exposed on the planet's dusty surface.
"Each is about a quarter-inch long," NASA explains on the official Twitter account of the Curiosity rover. "Maybe they're crystals? Or they could be minerals that filled spaces where crystals dissolved away. Stay tuned! Science continues."
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- Today’s best deals: $19 Bluetooth earbuds, $23 Alexa smart bulb, nightlights, Logitech Harmony, more
Trending Right Now:
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
- Intel announces Core chips with Radeon graphics as Nvidia unveils SoC for self-driving cars
- Samsung introduces the future of displays: A 146-inch MicroLED TV that fills an entire wall
Did NASA’s Mars rover just find ancient Martian fossils? originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 12:31:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.