Details emerge about a third new iPhone X successor Apple will debut next year
In the early days of the iPhone, choice was somewhat limited. At best, you'd be able to select a color and choose how much storage you wanted. But with each successive release, Apple slowly began to diversify its iPhone lineup on all fronts. From new form factors to new colors, the number of iPhone options available to users has expanded significantly in recent years. In 2017, Apple shook things up with the release of the iPhone X, the company's first OLED iPhone and the first iPhone to do away with the tried and true home button.
Looking ahead to 2018, Apple's iPhone lineup stands to become more varied than ever. According to a new report from Nikkei, Apple next year will introduce three new iPhone models. Two of those models are said to feature OLED displays with 5.8 and 6.3-inch displays. The third new iPhone model will reportedly feature a 6.1-inch LCD display and a metal back.
BGR Top Deals:
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
- If you upgraded from an older model to an iPhone X or 8, you’ll want this $13 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Don’t buy the first-gen Qualcomm-powered Windows 10 laptops
- People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices
- Steam drops Bitcoin support as cryptocurrency surges to record levels
Details emerge about a third new iPhone X successor Apple will debut next year originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 08:51:40 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.