Demand for Tesla’s Model 3 remains incredibly strong, says Elon Musk
When Tesla first unveiled the Model 3 and made the car available for pre-order, the amount of interest in the car was so high that even Tesla executives were caught off guard. Just a few weeks after its introduction, the cumulative number of Model 3 reservations was said to be somewhere in the 400,000 range. Since then, there hasn't been much indication that interest in the Model 3 has died down, with Elon Musk a few months ago noting that reservations are still increasing each and every week.
Still, it's no secret that some folks who put down a $1,000 refundable deposit for their Model 3 reservation have changed their minds. In light of this, an analyst recently claimed that cancellations for the Model 3 have increased to the point where they are outpacing actual orders. Tesla CEO Elon Musk, of course, can't help himself when it comes to disinformation and he quickly took to Twitter to squash the aforementioned claim.
BGR Top Deals:
- This wire-free home security camera has 6-month battery life for half the price of an Arlo Pro 2
- Amazon’s deal of the day is a must-have for every car
Trending Right Now:
- The massive dust storm on Mars has completely changed how the planet looks
- Airbus just flew its incredibly bizarre BelugaXL for the first time, and it looks amazing
- Forget the myth about iPhones being more reliable than Android
Demand for Tesla’s Model 3 remains incredibly strong, says Elon Musk originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 21 Jul 2018 at 15:06:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.