Crypto-currencies take huge dive as South Korea considers ban
All the major cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple, have taken huge hits in the last 12 hours. The global cryptocurrency market is down nearly $100 billion following news that South Korea, one of cryptocurrency's biggest markets, is considering a ban on all crypto trading in the country.
At a press conference this morning, Justice minister Park Sang-ki said that the government is drafting a bill that would ban all trading of virtual currencies on exchanges located in South Korea. “There are great concerns regarding virtual currencies and the justice ministry is basically preparing a bill to ban cryptocurrency trading through exchanges,” Park told a news conference, according to Reuters.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- This iPhone X deal is too good to turn down, T-Mobile customer or not
- Researchers discover bizarre ‘Hypatia’ stone is made from material not found in our Solar System
Crypto-currencies take huge dive as South Korea considers ban originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 15:04:02 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.