All the major cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple, have taken huge hits in the last 12 hours. The global cryptocurrency market is down nearly $100 billion following news that South Korea, one of cryptocurrency's biggest markets, is considering a ban on all crypto trading in the country.
At a press conference this morning, Justice minister Park Sang-ki said that the government is drafting a bill that would ban all trading of virtual currencies on exchanges located in South Korea. “There are great concerns regarding virtual currencies and the justice ministry is basically preparing a bill to ban cryptocurrency trading through exchanges,” Park told a news conference, according to Reuters.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- This iPhone X deal is too good to turn down, T-Mobile customer or not
- Researchers discover bizarre ‘Hypatia’ stone is made from material not found in our Solar System
Crypto-currencies take huge dive as South Korea considers ban originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 15:04:02 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.