Critical macOS security update broke file sharing on some Macs, but there’s a fix
Apple on Wednesday released a critical security update to fix a significant security vulnerability that was discovered recently. Some Mac users found that macOS’s login system could be bypassed by using an unexpected user and password combination that would give you access to the contents of any Mac.
An unofficial fix popped up quickly, but Apple released a fast update for the High Sierra operating system that takes care of the bug. Unfortunately, the update ended up breaking different Mac functionality for some users.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $50 box gives you unlimited home phone service using your Google Voice number
- This Sony 4K TV is way too good to still be on sale at its Black Friday price
Trending Right Now:
- Windows 10 is about to get a game-changing feature
- Please don’t buy bitcoin with your credit card
- This AI can tell whether you’re liberal or conservative based on your car
Critical macOS security update broke file sharing on some Macs, but there’s a fix originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 at 08:51:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.