Chinese space station full of toxic chemicals will crash down to Earth within months
China's massive Tiangong-1 space station is out of control and it will soon come crashing down to Earth. Astronomers have been monitoring the large satellite ever since late 2016, which is when China's space agency admitted that it had lost radio communication. The station has been tumbling and twirling out of control since then, with a decaying orbit that is slowing making its way closer to Earth.
Scientists have said in the past that they expect the space station to re-enter Earth's atmosphere and come crashing down to Earth in either March or April, but they weren't quite sure where the giant satellite might finally touch down. Now, experts believe they may finally know where the Tiangong-1 is headed as it comes tumbling back down to Earth.
BGR Top Deals:
- Wireless earbuds that sound this much better than AirPods should cost way more than $24
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung just launched a brand new Galaxy Note 8 version that you absolutely can’t buy
- Videos show meteorite exploding in the night sky over Michigan
- NASA captures rare image of a distant galaxy nearly as old as the Universe itself
Chinese space station full of toxic chemicals will crash down to Earth within months originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 11:28:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.