China sprints ahead of the US in DNA dabbling with over 80 CRISPR patients and rising
Modern medicine is an amazing thing, but when we start talking about tweaking our DNA things start to sound a little scary. The potentially frightening nature of altering human DNA — we're getting awfully close to "playing God" with this kind of stuff — delayed scientists in the US who wanted to push forward and test the CRISPR gene editing technology with humans.
In China things are a little bit different, and a new report in the Wall Street Journal reveals that not only are Chinese scientists ahead of the curve when it comes to DNA manipulation, but they already have dozens of CRISPR patients.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies are crashing yet again
China sprints ahead of the US in DNA dabbling with over 80 CRISPR patients and rising originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 17:31:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.