Check out Sylvania’s $45 LED light strip instead of the $90 Philips Hue model
Philips Hue lighting products are terrific, but they’re also very expensive. If you don’t already have Hue bulbs around your house but you’re looking at different connected lighting solutions, there are definitely plenty of options out there that are just as good but cost much less cash. A perfect example is the SYLVANIA SMART+ ZigBee Full Color Indoor Flex Strip Starter Kit. It works with all your favorite smart home platforms as well as Alexa and Google Assistant, just like the Philips Hue LED LightStrip Plus. The main difference is the Hue model costs $90 and the Sylvania version costs half that at just $45.
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- A compatible ZigBee hub is required to control this lightstrip. Pair your smart lights to a compatible ZigBee hub such as SmartThings, Wink, or Amazon Echo Plus.
- Choose from over 16 million available colors and adjustable white color temperature ranging from 2700K-6500K. Create a colorful light scene, dim the lights, or shut them on and off right from your smartphone.
- Integrate voice control by pairing an Amazon Echo or Google Home device to your compatible ZigBee hub. Enjoy the benefits of hands free lighting control by asking to turn the lights on and off, dim, change the color, and more.
- Ideal for decorative lighting behind TV's, bookcases, under cabinets, bars, and more.
- Starter kit includes three 2-foot flexible lightstrips, controller, and power supply. Expand your Indoor Flexible Lightstrips up to 20 feet by adding additional lightstrips, sold separately.
- The OSRAM LIGHTIFY Gateway is not required when using a different compatible ZigBee hub. ZigBee smart lights will not pair directly to voice control devices such as an Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home.
- Please be advised of our new name and packaging design. The product packaging you receive may vary and you may receive a product labeled as either LIGHTIFY or SMART+.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 10 best Prime Deals of the Day on Friday
- A tiny $17 accessory is all you need to speed up your 4K Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
Trending Right Now:
- Did a beloved Avenger just tell us he’s still alive after dying in ‘Infinity War’?
- T-Mobile’s new deal gets you an iPhone for $99 or a Galaxy S8 for $199
- The launch of Samsung’s most innovative phone in years seems locked for 2019
Check out Sylvania’s $45 LED light strip instead of the $90 Philips Hue model originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 19:12:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.