CES 2018: Belkin Adds HomeKit Support With New Wemo Bridge
Belkin on Sunday announced that it is adding HomeKit support for its popular Wemo lineup of home automation accessories by launching the new Wemo Bridge. While the Bridge was originally targeted for a fall 2017 release, it had been delayed until now.
With the HomeKit enabled Wemo Bridge, Wemo users can ask Siri® on their iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch – “Siri, turn on Wemo” or “Siri, dim the living room lights,” or they can use the Apple Home app to control any of these devices. Users can also include Wemo products into scenes and rooms to work with more than one hundred other HomeKit compatible products and access them while on the go.
The Wemo Bridge connects to any home Wi-Fi router via an Ethernet cable, allowing communication between HomeKit enabled devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, and Wemo smart plugs and light switches.
Previously, Wemo users were limited to controlling Wemo devices via the Wemo app, They can now control Wemo functionality in the Apple Home App on the iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
- Control Wemo Dimmer, Mini, Light Switch, Insight, and Motion Sensor from the Wemo App, Apple Home app or with Siri from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
- Create personalized scenarios such as movie lighting or schedule appliances for a morning routine
- Set Schedules and Timers for lights and devices, and control it all by accessing the Wemo App or the Apple Home app
- Sync lights with sunrise and sunset or personal schedules
- Set up vacation mode to protect your home by randomly turning on and off lights.
The Wemo Bridge is now available at Amazon, Apple.com, Belkin.com, and Best Buy for an MSRP of $39.99.