CEO of alleged $600 million crypto fraud: ‘I can sleep at night knowing that I did my best’
Crypto-currencies are, to put it mildly, exploding right now. The rise of Bitcoin is thoroughly documented, but a hundred thousands other companies are piling it to get a share of the hottest thing in tech. Increasingly they're turning to initial coin offerings (ICOs) as a way to innovate, as well as raise capital.
Unfortunately, whenever there's money, there's scams, and ICOs are no exception. The Securities and Exchange Commission took enforcement action against a "crypto-bank" last week, freezing the assets of AriseBank and halting its ICO. AriseBank CEO Jared Rice isn't giving up, however, and in a message to ICO supporters through Telegram last night, Rice said he's still holding firm.
BGR Top Deals:
- We’re not sure how, but Amazon is selling a Crock-Pot slow cooker for under $10
- This $40 box is the best way to get back at your cable company for overcharging you
Trending Right Now:
- Check out these gorgeous photos of this morning’s Super Blue Blood Moon
- Lost NASA satellite wakes up after being declared ‘dead’ 13 years ago
- 2018 could finally be the year Sprint’s network becomes good
CEO of alleged $600 million crypto fraud: ‘I can sleep at night knowing that I did my best’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 31 Jan 2018 at 17:28:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.