Can T-Mobile actually fix cable?
T-Mobile announced this morning that it's bought out TV tech company Layer3, with the intention of launching an-new cable service sometime next year. It's a dramatic announcement for T-Mobile, a company that so far has narrowly focused on being a wireless network, with impressive success.
Exactly what T-Mobile will be offering isn't totally clear yet, but it's definitely going to be some kind of live TV streaming package. It also likely won't be cheap: Layer3's existing service starts at $75 a month, and T-Mobile CEO John Legere was throwing around the idea of 250 channels for his new service. That won't come cheap.
BGR Top Deals:
- If you upgraded from an old iPhone to an iPhone X or 8, get this $13 accessory
- Now you can cut the cord without losing live TV or your DVR
Trending Right Now:
- After years of copying the iPhone, Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will finally copy Apple’s smartest strategy
- Archaeologists discover a crude ancient weapon that could kill a man with a single blow
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free today