Cambridge Analytica may have accessed private Facebook messages as well
If you thought the torrent of Cambridge Analytica revelations might finally be coming to an end, we have bad news for you. Earlier this week, notifications began appearing at the top of News Feeds to let users know if they used the This Is Your Digital Life quiz app, which is the app that allowed the data firm to harvest information from up to 87 million users. As it turns out, the app also asked for permission to access private messages.
"A small number of people who logged into 'This Is Your Digital Life' also shared their own News Feed, timeline, posts and messages which may have included posts and messages from you," Facebook said in a missable note.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $40 Apple Watch accessory you’ll wonder how you ever lived without
- New smartwatch has 45-day battery life and costs less than $100 vs. the $330+ Apple Watch
Trending Right Now:
- This upcoming Android phone didn’t just beat the iPhone X’s benchmark scores, it crushed them
- Apple ordered to pay half a billion dollars in damages to a patent troll
- Top 5 takeaways from day 1 of Mark Zuckerberg’s Senate testimony
Cambridge Analytica may have accessed private Facebook messages as well originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 11 Apr 2018 at 09:18:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.