Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box
Well, it looks like we won’t be getting any Christmas baskets from cable companies this year. Why not? Because we’ve made it our mission to help as many people as possible stop their cable companies from basically scamming them out of up to $120 each year. You probably don’t even realize it, but your cable company charges you a fee of either $8 or $10 each month to use their modem. And here’s the worst part: the fee never goes away as long as you keep your modem. So, if you’ve had an account open with your ISP for five years, you’ve paid $600 for that little box! Instead of shelling out another $600 over the next five years, get yourself a TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8x4) Cable Modem on Amazon for $43. Follow the instructions to activate it with any ISP, return your old modem to your cable company, and that $8-10 monthly fee will disappear.
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 - the latest Internet standard.
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
BGR Top Deals:
- The Solo 5 is a Bose sound bar you can actually afford
- Today’s best deals: World’s strongest coffee, Harmony Hub bundle, Instant Pot, $21 Wi-Fi extender, more
Trending Right Now:
- OnePlus 6T is getting its own headphone jack dongle, a new leak says
- Best Buy mistakenly sold a next-gen Chromecast well before Google’s Pixel 3 event
- George R.R. Martin has posted an excerpt from his next book, out in November
Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 11:24:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.