Just a few short days after PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) launched on Xbox One, Microsoft has found a way to use it to incentivize consumers to buy an Xbox One X. On Friday, Microsoft announced on the Xbox Wire that anyone who buys an Xbox One X between December 17th and December 31st will receive a free copy of PUBG with their purchase. If you were planning on picking up an Xbox One X anyway, this is just the cherry on top.
For those of you who somehow missed out on the phenomenon when the game hit PC earlier this year, PUBG drops 100 players on to an island with nothing but the shirt on their back, and they are tasked with gathering weapons and gear in order to survive as a deadly circle of death closes in on the map.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s not too late to get a Super NES Classic in time for Christmas
- Today’s best deals: Google Wifi, Fitbit Ionic, Logitech Harmony Elite, so much Philips Hue, more
Trending Right Now:
- Stephen Colbert has the only net neutrality explainer you need to watch
- ‘Alien probe’ asteroid is dead quiet, but is that good news or bad news?
- MIT just created living plants that glow like a lamp, and could grow glowing trees to replace streetlights
Buy an Xbox One X and get ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ for free originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 at 22:32:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.