Like it or not, humanity won't be able to live on Earth forever. If we don't wipe out our own species by the time we figure out where to go, we'll eventually have to shove off of the planet and head elsewhere. When that happens, we're going to need a lot of things, and one of those things is beer. Budweiser is totally fine with that, and they're working hard at figuring out how to brew beer in space.
Next month, Budweiser will be sending one of the primary ingredients in beer, barley, into space aboard a cargo supply mission that will head skyward on December 4th. It will remain at the International Space Station for a month before coming back to Earth to be analyzed by Budweiser's team of scientists. It's a small step with a big final goal: to make Budweiser the first beer on Mars.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s big Black Friday sale just kicked off on Amazon
- The Black Friday Roku deal everyone’s buzzing about just started early on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- 34 new Netflix original shows and movies will debut in December – here’s the full list
- Best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop right now: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, more
- The best Black Friday smartphone deals from Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint
Budweiser vows to be first beer on Mars, and will send barley into space next month as a start originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 at 19:25:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.