Bots just beat human pros at ‘Dota 2’ and it wasn’t even much of a contest
The research initiative co-founded by Elon Musk has successfully trained AI bots to trounce professional human players of the popular arena battle game Dota 2, a big step up from the bots in June being good enough to beat casual players.
The bots have only gotten better from there, sharpening their game-playing skills even to the point of being able to crush players who've been competing at Dota 2 since its beginning. Next up? The so-called OpenAI Five bots will challenges top players later this month at the Dota 2 tournament The International, described as the biggest annual event on the e-sports calendar.
BGR Top Deals:
- The last keyboard you’ll ever buy is a $41 wireless keyboard that never needs to be charged
- You can still get a 4K Fire TV for the same price as a Fire TV Stick right now
Trending Right Now:
- Previously unseen ‘Captain Marvel’ Easter egg found in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Samsung sure doesn’t seem confident the Galaxy Note 9 will be a hot seller
- This is how Samsung plans to justify the Galaxy Note 9’s sky-high price tag
Bots just beat human pros at ‘Dota 2’ and it wasn’t even much of a contest originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 20:00:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.