Bombshell lawsuit alleges Uber engineer stole secrets from Tesla after stealing from Google
One of the crazier tech stories from last year was the lawsuit involving Waymo -- Google's self-driving car subsidiary -- and Uber. Per the suit, a Waymo engineer named Anthony Levandowski was accused of secretly copying hundreds of gigabytes of proprietary code, only to abruptly quit, start a new company, and subsequently leverage said code into a buyout offer from Uber.
Though Uber initially denied the allegations, the ridesharing company ultimately fired Levandowski last year after he refused to hand over a collection of documents pertinent to the case.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $30 Crock-Pot, $15 Bluetooth headphones, Dyson vacuum, Nest Thermostat, more
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods for one main reason
Trending Right Now:
- China wants to clean Earth’s orbit by blasting space junk with giant lasers
- Insider reveals Samsung’s exact Galaxy S9 release date
- NASA captures rare image of a distant galaxy nearly as old as the Universe itself
Bombshell lawsuit alleges Uber engineer stole secrets from Tesla after stealing from Google originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 at 12:53:14 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.