BMW touts new SUV that will have nearly twice as much range as Tesla’s Model 3
While it's easy to poke fun at Tesla for constantly missing production deadlines, the reality is that Tesla faces a challenge that most other car companies would kill for: incredibly high demand that seemingly defies all semblance of logic. Indeed, reservations for the Model 3 skyrocketed to nearly 400,000 just a few weeks after Tesla unveiled the car back in April of 2016.
That being the case, it's not at all surprising that many auto industry incumbents are spending a whole lot of money trying to play catch-up with Tesla in the EV space. On the low-end, Tesla faces competition from the likes of the Chevy Bolt. And on the high-end, Tesla faces a formidable lineup of rivals, with Porsche, BMW, and now even Ferrari, all expending a significant amount of resources in order to make a splash in the luxury end of the EV market.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
- $26 device uses your phone to beam holographic navigation onto your car’s dash
Trending Right Now:
- Watch a rocket booster nearly destroy a Chinese village when it falls to Earth and explodes
- The Galaxy S9’s main specs detailed in extensive new report
- Samsung found a way to kill the iPhone X notch, but Apple already has a better solution
BMW touts new SUV that will have nearly twice as much range as Tesla’s Model 3 originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 15:55:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.