When major automotive manufacturers began fully embracing hybrid electric drivetrains they did so slowly, testing the technology on small people-movers and not much else. These days things are a lot different, and today at the Los Angeles Auto Show both BMW and Mercedes revealed newly updated models of two high-end hybrids that use their electric power in very different ways.
The BMW i8 and Mercedes CLS 450 are both looking mighty fresh in their new 2019 skins, and they're ready to dominate highways with a mix of electric and gasoline power. Where they differ, however, is how they utilize their electric muscle.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $35 iPhone X case packs a 6,000 mAh battery that nearly triples your battery life
- You’re pretty much crazy if you don’t buy Destiny 2 right now for $26
Trending Right Now:
- Russians claim they’ve found the first extraterrestrial life, and it was right under our noses
- Incredibly creepy ‘ghost ship’ with 8 dead crew members just showed up in Japan
- Windows 10 is about to get a game-changing feature
BMW and Mercedes just revealed two new hybrids, and they couldn’t be more different originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 29 Nov 2017 at 15:13:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.