Bloomberg reports bombshell Chinese hardware attack on US tech companies, met with swift denials
A bombshell report claims that China has been developing a massive spying operation for a few years that involved building hardware backdoors into critical server components with the help of microchips no bigger than a grain of rice or the tip of a sharpened pencil. Those chips, once placed on motherboards that go into popular servers, would be able to help Chinese spies access information that would otherwise be unavailable to them.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $80 smartwatch beats Apple’s $1,000 watch in three important ways
- Amazon’s best-selling home security camera is only $26, and it’s better than a $199 Nest Cam
Trending Right Now:
- There’s no reason to buy the LG V40 ThinQ right now
- See the OnePlus 6T in-display fingerprint sensor in action in new teaser video
- More details about Samsung foldable phone found in leaked Android Pie build
Bloomberg reports bombshell Chinese hardware attack on US tech companies, met with swift denials originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 10:44:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.