Bloomberg Professional updates for iPad Pro with Split View, Picture-in-Picture, Apple Pencil annotation, more
Bloomberg has updated its Bloomberg Professional app for iOS with new iOS 9 optimizations including Split Screen mode and Picture-in-Picture support on the latest iPads. Bloomberg Professional is also optimized for the new 12.9″ iPad Pro display with native resolution to show more content on the screen, which the company says helps “deliver real-time data, comprehensive news, technical graphs, portfolio tracking and Instant Bloomberg (IB) to Bloomberg customers.”
Apple Pencil users can also take advantage of the new iPad Pro digital stylus with features that let you “annotate charts, notes and research documents and then share with individuals and teams through the message function MSG<GO>.”
The app requires a Bloomberg Anywhere account to access and unlock it, but includes a mobile version of Bloomberg’s terminal features for news rooms, investors, and other professionals, now at desktop-like size with the iPad Pro. Non-Bloomberg Anywhere subscribers can still use the free Bloomberg Business app for iPad.
Check out the full change log below:
What’s New in Version 2.1511.1
Multitasking (iOS 9 – iPad Only)
– Support for iOS 9 split view that allows multitasking between Bloomberg and other applications on the device
– The ability to have two Bloomberg functions running simultaneously within their own panel in the application. This can be done by:
* Touching and holding any item from the launcher menu
* Touching and holding a security row in a grid to open a detail view of that security
– Synchronisation of your draft messages with terminal
– Improvements to search, filtering and downloading of documents
Bloomberg Professional for iOS is available on the App Store.
Filed under: Apps Tagged: Bloomberg Anywhere, Bloomberg Professional, iPad Pro, Terminal