Bethesda may not release a game on PS4 if Sony won’t allow cross-play
Earlier this summer, when Fortnite launched on Nintendo Switch, Switch owners that downloaded the free game on their consoles who had previously played on PS4 found that their Epic Games accounts were permanently linked to their PlayStation Network accounts. They wouldn't be able to bring any of their progress over -- they would need to create a new account and start from scratch if they wanted to play on Switch going forward.
That on its own would have been frustrating enough, but add to that Sony's decision to block the PS4 version of the game from console cross-play, which both Microsoft and Sony allow on their consoles. Frustration boiled over on the internet. Sony refused to budge. But now, even publishers are losing their cool.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best wireless noise cancelling headphones Bose has ever made just got a rare discount
- You’re gross and your smartphone is filthy. Please get this accessory.
Trending Right Now:
- All three leaked 2018 iPhones designs shown in side-by-side in new 4K video
- New Galaxy S10 leak details one of Samsung’s best new features
- Chris Hemsworth trolls fans over ‘Avengers 4’ title and Thor’s new weapon
Bethesda may not release a game on PS4 if Sony won’t allow cross-play originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Aug 2018 at 21:01:54 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.