Be jealous: Nintendo is releasing HD Wii games on the Nvidia Shield TV in China
While Switch owners around the world wait anxiously for news about the Virtual Console, gamers in China received a pleasant surprise from Nintendo this week. In addition to launching its Shield TV streaming box in China today, Nvidia has teamed up with Nintendo to bring HD ports of popular Wii and GameCube games to the device.
Details regarding the partnership are still hazy, but at least three Nintendo games are currently available on the Nvidia Shield TV, including New Super Mario Bros. Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Punch-Out!!, all of which appear to be running in HD. The games cost RMB 68, which translates to around $10 a piece.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
Trending Right Now:
- Apple has started selling an unlocked iPhone X from its online store
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
- It sounds like some MacBook Pro changes are coming from Apple
Be jealous: Nintendo is releasing HD Wii games on the Nvidia Shield TV in China originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 10:06:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.