AT&T on Thursday morning announced its intention to be the first wireless carrier in the United States to deploy a 5G network in a dozen markets. The network will operate in accordance with the 5G guidelines that were finalized last month by the 3GPP, which is a group of seven different organizations that develop wireless standards. AT&T played a role in shaping 5G wireless standards in the US, and it has already conducted multiple fixed wireless 5G trials in the US.
BGR Top Deals:
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
- Today’s best deals: $15 Bluetooth earbuds, $25 home security cam, perfect egg cooker, Sonos, more
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy Note 8, S8 users report that their screens are waking up on their own
- Galaxy S9 shown powered on in flood of freshly leaked photos
- Wisconsin has a massive, decade-old tornado scar that is still visible from space
AT&T will launch its 5G network this year, but we still don’t know how fast it’ll be originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 08:45:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.