AT&T is already dreaming up ways to milk 5G for every possible cent
After literal years of breathless hype, 5G is finally set to arrive. Verizon is rolling out the first sorta-5G network in a handful of neighborhoods starting October 1st, and AT&T will be following closely behind. Verizon has already announced the pricing for its fixed home 5G internet, and it's actually surprisingly reasonable -- just $50 for existing Verizon wireless subscribers, which gets you speeds of at least 300Mbps and no data caps, thresholds, or throttling.
But good prices when a service first rolls out is exactly what you expect. Far more telling is what AT&T is plotting for the future, when 5G is more ubiquitous and it turns from a fun new technology into a key revenue generator. So, it shouldn't surprise you at all to learn that AT&T is already coming up with pricing schemes to extract the largest possible blood sacrifice from its customers to access 5G.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise sale drops Amazon’s 4K Fire TV to the same price as a Fire TV Stick for Prime members
- There’s a new Fire TV Stick sale on Amazon, and it’s not just for Prime members
Trending Right Now:
- The iPhone XS and XS Max just destroyed the iPhone X – and every Android phone – in benchmarks
- 10 awesome hidden features you need to try in iOS 12
- It looks like Samsung’s foldable phone won’t have Gorilla Glass whenever it actually launches
AT&T is already dreaming up ways to milk 5G for every possible cent originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 23:34:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.