AT&T has a fantastic $30-a-month, totally unlimited data plan – but you need an Airstream to buy it
While all four major carriers all offer "unlimited" data plans these days, every one of them comes with more strings attached than something called "unlimited" should reasonably have. They're all subject to deprioritization -- basically non-guaranteed throttling -- under certain circumstances, and limitations on video quality and hotspot data mean that using them for anything other than standard smartphone usage is a non-starter.
From time to time, carriers offer special deals to limited groups that aren't available to the general public. For example, last year Verizon offered an unlimited hotspot deal to members of the Family Motor Coach Association for just $50 a month. The deal was pulled almost immediately, seemingly because people were joining the FMCA just to get the deal.
AT&T is now trying something similar, but with a more foolproof way to limit the number of people that can sign up.
BGR Top Deals:
- Prime members can still get a 4K Fire TV for the price of a Fire TV Stick
- Today’s top deals: Kindle Paperwhite, Nest thermostat, $20 Bluetooth earphones, top robot vacuum, more
Trending Right Now:
- An army of spiders is slowly taking over a Greek town, but it’s totally fine
- Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL were just listed on an online store
- Scientists gave a bunch of octopuses ecstasy and they started acting just like humans
AT&T has a fantastic $30-a-month, totally unlimited data plan – but you need an Airstream to buy it originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 20 Sep 2018 at 21:01:53 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.