Astronauts aboard the International Space Station got a scary look at Hurricane Florence
Hurricane Florence continues its march towards the East Coast of the United States today, and astronauts aboard the International Space Station got a birds-eye view of just how large the swirling vortex has grown. The storm, which is presently a Category 3, has forced huge numbers of people to evacuate, and going by the images shot from space it's easy to see why.
Florence is absolutely massive. It's so large in fact that astronauts aboard the ISS had trouble capturing it all within the frame of a standard camera. Thankfully, the crew had some tools at their disposal to snap a wide-angle view of the hurricane, and boy is it a crazy sight.
BGR Top Deals:
- Rugged, waterproof smart plug lets you control the great outdoors with Alexa or Google
- Save $95 on the most affordable Roomba that works with Alexa and Google
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what bothers me most about the ending of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Google has some serious plans in store for its Pixel 3 launch
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler says undoing the ‘Infinity War’ deaths is going to bring serious heartbreak
Astronauts aboard the International Space Station got a scary look at Hurricane Florence originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 16:56:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.