As SEC investigates Musk’s tweet, Musk will likely have to recuse himself from Tesla’s buyout
Given some of the outlandish remarks Elon Musk has a penchant for making on Twitter, it can sometimes be difficult to discern when the Tesla CEO is being serious and when he's simply having a little bit of fun. Most recently, Muskk had the tech and automotive worlds scratching their collective heads after tweeting that he would consider taking Tesla private should the stock reach $420 a share. What's more, Musk indicated that he had already secured funding for such an eventuality.
While ostensibly a joke, Musk wasn't playing around. A few hours after the tweet went up, Tesla published an internal email that was sent to Tesla employees which outlined the benefits of taking the company private.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
- The best-selling Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon are on sale for $17 today
Trending Right Now:
- Facebook is shedding massive traffic – and it’s apparently flocking to YouTube
- There’s an alternate ‘Infinity War’ ending that would have ruined ‘Avengers 4’
- Google Maps is almost perfect, so of course Google had to find a way to ruin it
As SEC investigates Musk’s tweet, Musk will likely have to recuse himself from Tesla’s buyout originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 19:28:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.