As if things weren’t bad enough, MoviePass’ parent company is now under investigation for fraud
The headlines coming out of the struggling movie subscription service MoviePass in recent months have been a confusing assortment of tweaks to its plan terms, as well as financial moves behind the scenes to compensate for massive losses and subscriber churn. It's all contributed to the story of a company in distress -- of a company on death watch, even, depending on who you ask -- and now comes even more bad news: New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood has reportedly opened a fraud investigation into Helios and Matheson, MoviePass' parent company.
BGR Top Deals:
- The 50-inch 4K TV with built-in Fire TV everyone loves is somehow back down to $349.99
- Today’s top deals: Echo Dot for cars, big Philips Hue sale, SanDisk microSD, $17 Bluetooth buds, more
Trending Right Now:
- Upgrade your phone and get unlimited data in one of T-Mobile’s best deals of 2018
- This is the crazy new all-screen design that’ll reportedly replace the notch next year
- Marvel star who died in Infinity War says ‘it’s only going to get worse’ in Avengers 4
As if things weren’t bad enough, MoviePass’ parent company is now under investigation for fraud originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 18 Oct 2018 at 16:01:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.