Apple’s top marketer attempts to demystify the misunderstood iPhone XR
Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller knows some people may be loaded with questions about the iPhone XR. Like, what the heck does the "R" in the name mean? Just who is this phone for? Why, in light of the tradeoffs it makes and the lower price point it offers, even make it at all? It's with questions like those and others in mind that Schiller, a longtime marketing hand at Apple who was also a key Steve Jobs lieutenant, recently sat down with a reporter to walk through the ins and outs of this phone, which will start showing up in stores Friday, and to talk about how Apple is very much hoping this particular model will help grow the company's overall customer base.
BGR Top Deals:
- This best-selling $38 security camera has features a $200 Nest Cam can’t even dream of
- Did you know that Bose makes a sound bar you can actually afford?
Trending Right Now:
- A Marvel star just dropped a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- Pixel 3 XL vs. iPhone XS Max speed test results are pretty embarrassing
- Renders show off Apple’s completely new iPad Pro design ahead of next week’s event
Apple’s top marketer attempts to demystify the misunderstood iPhone XR originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 15:52:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.