Apple’s market share took a hit thanks to the delayed release of the iPhone X
Following countless reports of supply constraints, it wasn't much of a surprise when Apple announced that the iPhone X launch would be delayed to early November. If Apple was able to launch the phone on time, it probably would have, because delaying the release by over a month had a significant impact on the company's market share.
According to a new report from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, iOS share dipped in several major markets in the three months ending in October 2017 while Android made gains. In the United States, iOS market share dropped 7.6% as Android share jumped 8.2%. iOS share also fell in the five biggest European markets, as well as in Japan.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
Trending Right Now:
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
- The Messenger Kids app is a brilliantly devious Facebook scheme
- Sorry, but cable TV won’t exist by 2030
Apple’s market share took a hit thanks to the delayed release of the iPhone X originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 08:51:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.