Apple’s HomePod is off to a slow and disappointing start, which surprises no one
After a multi-month delay, Apple's HomePod finally hit store shelves in early February to generally rave reviews. It's worth noting that Apple, in the weeks and months preceding the HomePod release, made a point of noting that its main objective with the device was to release a smart speaker with unrivaled acoustic performance.
"We think one thing that was missing from this market was a quality audio experience, a very immersive audio experience," Apple CEO Tim Cook said earlier this year. "Music deserves that kind of quality as opposed to some kind of squeaky sound."
BGR Top Deals:
- New smartwatch has 45-day battery life and costs less than $100 vs. the $330+ Apple Watch
- It’s easy to see why everyone loves this deeply discounted surround sound system on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- New study has a theory for why we haven’t found aliens yet, and it makes a whole lot of sense
- Ever wonder why you have eyebrows? Scientists think they now have the answer
- Scientists just found something under arctic ice that raises hopes of finding extraterrestrial life
Apple’s HomePod is off to a slow and disappointing start, which surprises no one originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 06:50:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.