Apple’s first new iPhone of 2018 will reportedly launch as soon as May
The Apple rumor mill got something of a shakeup on Friday morning when a new report popped up that completely contradicts what we thought we knew about Apple's iPhone plans in 2018. According to the world's top Apple insider, there are three new flagship iPhone models set to launch this year, including a new version of the iPhone X, a larger model with a 6.5-inch OLED display, and a third model with a 6.1-inch LCD screen that will be priced $100 to $200 less than the $999 iPhone X successor. The current iPhone X will supposedly be discontinued, leaving the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus as Apple's lower-cost, year-old iPhones.
Today, a new report suggests that well-known KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has it all wrong. Digitimes analyst Luke Lin claims that Apple is actually working on four different new flagship iPhones, and they don't align with what we've heard from Kuo. Also, Lin says they're prototypes so it's unclear which among them might be released this coming September.
But there's another part of Lin's report on Friday that covers yet another new iPhone model Apple is expected to release in 2018. If his report is accurate, Apple's first new iPhone of the year could launch as early as May.
BGR Top Deals:
- $40 kit transforms your wall outlets into gigabit Ethernet jacks in 5 seconds
- The best-selling over-ear Bluetooth headphones on Amazon dropped to $33
Trending Right Now:
- Everything there is to know about the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ just leaked
- Researchers say it may be the shape of our brains, not the size, that makes us who we are
- 180,000-year-old human fossil discovery changes what we thought we knew about mankind’s history
Apple’s first new iPhone of 2018 will reportedly launch as soon as May originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 26 Jan 2018 at 11:53:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.