Apple’s App Store generated a record-setting $300 million on New Years Day
Apple kicked off 2018 with a bang. Though we're still a few weeks away from finding out how iPhone sales stacked up during the holiday, Apple this afternoon put out a press release announcing that app sales on New Year's Day alone generated more than $300 in revenue.
Additionally, Apple boasts that during a 7-day period starting on Christmas Eve, the company saw a record number of customers purchase and download apps from the App Store. When the dust settled, Apple from December 24 through December 30 raked in $890 million in revenue from the App Store.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
- Why on Earth did I wait so long to disable Siri on my iPhone X?
Apple’s App Store generated a record-setting $300 million on New Years Day originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 23:03:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.