Apple will reportedly not use Samsung OLED screens in this year’s hottest iPhone X successor
Samsung is the only supplier of OLED screens for the iPhone X, and the South Korean giant is expected to ship up to 200 million units this year alone. Apple, meanwhile, wants to launch three iPhone X successors in 2018, reports said, two of which featuring OLED screens. The iPhone maker is also interested in diversifying its OLED screen supply chain to reduce its reliance on Samsung. Deals with other OLED display makers should help Apple secure better deals, and make iPhone X successors more affordable.
LG Display is one of the companies interested in Apple’s business, and a new report says that LG will provide 6.5-inch screens for the bigger iPhone X model supposed to launch this year.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
Trending Right Now:
- 7 paid iPhone apps that are free downloads right now
- Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
Apple will reportedly not use Samsung OLED screens in this year’s hottest iPhone X successor originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 07:45:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.