Apple will replace your iPhone 6, 6s, or 7 battery for $29 even if it’s not being throttled
The iPhone slowdown scandal is the worst thing that happened to Apple in quite some time. The company is now taking steps to fix this big mess. Apple apologized to users, explained exactly what happens when iOS slows down a phone, and it reduced the battery replacement cost to just $29.
We’ve already told you how to go about replacing the battery of your old iPhone (the full instructions are right here), and it should all be a reasonably painless experience. However, Apple has apparently released new guides for store employees explaining how to handle the matter, and these instructions were leaked.
Long story short, it’s mostly good news.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s Fitbit Ionic discount will help you keep your New Year’s resolutions
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
Trending Right Now:
- Researchers just accidentally found an effective Alzheimer’s treatment while trying to cure diabetes
- Forget the ‘boring’ Galaxy S9, there’s a cheaper alternative available right now
- What to do if your iPhone is too old for Apple’s $29 battery replacement program
Apple will replace your iPhone 6, 6s, or 7 battery for $29 even if it’s not being throttled originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 2 Jan 2018 at 10:10:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.