Apple over the past few months has been on the receiving end of some well-deserved criticism regarding a number of increasingly high-profile product delays. Most recently, Apple was forced to push back the release of its HomePod smart speaker by a few weeks.
Originally scheduled to hit store shelves in December, strategically timed to take advantage of the busy holiday shopping season, Apple in November said that the HomePod release was being pushed back to early 2018. Apple didn't provide much of an explanation, save for a generic statement that the company needed a "little more time before it's ready for our customers." Though the specific reason behind the delay was never made clear, the good news is that Apple's highly anticipated HomePod finally has a release date.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- Facebook invented the flick, a brilliant time unit you won’t get to actually use
Apple will release its HomePod speaker on February 9th for $349 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 at 08:39:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.