Apple Watch support for third-party watch faces may finally be coming soon
Apple over the past few years has made huge improvements to the Apple Watch user experience. Not only has the device gotten considerably faster, Apple quickly retooled the UI as to make it much more intuitive and easier to use, a welcome improvement given the clunky UI that shipped with the original Apple Watch. Moreover, Apple has done a pretty solid job of incorporating features that users have been clamoring for. As a quick example, Apple in recent years has fleshed out the device's fitness and health tracking capabilities while also adding an Apple Watch model with LTE connectivity.
As a result, Apple Watch sales have increased considerably over the past few years, according to Apple executives who still refuse to divulge any specific sales figures. All that aside, there remains one Apple Watch feature that users have been patiently waiting for since the very beginning -- support for third-party watch faces. In fact, even before the Apple Watch launched, the notion that the Apple's new wearable might feature support for third-party watch faces generated a tremendous amount of excitement among prospective buyers.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Amazon’s two best devices ever were both just discounted at the same time
- The hot new Fitbit Versa smartwatch with 4-day battery life just launched on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- It looks like MoviePass just ruined its unlimited subscription service
- I have little hope that the Pixel 3 will be anything but an iPhone X clone
- Facebook tracks you even if you’re not a user, and you can’t really do anything about it
Apple Watch support for third-party watch faces may finally be coming soon originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 at 15:27:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.